It's the holidays', and the Frye family is decorating the entire house with lights. Everything seems to be going smoothly at first, but the house short-circuits and the power goes out. Fortunately, the family devises a solution to use the fireplace for light.
- Apple- The phone Mr. Frye is holding resembles an iPhone or iPod.
- Aggie's tablet also resembles an iPad.
- This could also be a reference to kids' addiction to iPhones and tablets.
- Nintendo- Nate's Supergame loosely resembles a 3DS or Game Boy Advance.
- We learn more about a specific location in this strip, in this case, Aggie's House.
- In the 3rd panal, we see some differences between Aggie's house and an avarage one.
- Aggie's house has two stories, while the other's only have one.
- As mentioned before, it was painted pink, while the others a normal color.
- Aggie's house has more features and design to it while the others bore a generic design.